Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weddings

When one passed the age of 22, many friends started to get married. Especially during the sixties in the southern United States, high school women graduates continued to go to college for one big reason: to find a man to marry! I do not remember how many weddings I attended during the year after I got to Johnson City - quite a number! I do remember that I sang in a wedding when a classmate in one of my math classes got married. Her name was Patsy and her family lived on a farm. I had a good time visiting her family farm in the country near Johnson City during the two days for the rehearsal and wedding. I was also the best man for a Chinese couple‘s wedding in the Central Baptist Church. Certainly I attended a few other weddings.





No comments:

Post a Comment