Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another Landlord


After only a few weeks, the distance I had to walk finally forced me to change to another room on the Tree Streets, which was only two blocks away from the campus. The landlord was an insurance salesman. Since I did not know anything about insurance, he taught me "all" about it. I had a hard time to understand why people wanted "life" insurance. If you die, why should one need more money?

The landlord was part of a devoted Baptist family. I wondered whether he really trusted that God would take care of him. He told me that he did not want to bother anyone about his affairs. We had quite a lot of good discussions. To me, he certainly had too much to worry about in this world, which is not even supposed to be his home. The words of the hymn "this world is not my home, I am just passing through" kept coming into my head. What does this mean? The following picture was taken on his front yard:

No comments:

Post a Comment