Friday, August 2, 2013

Our Savior Lutheran Church

Shortly after we moved to Tennessee from Kentucky in 1971, we joined Our Savior Lutheran Church, in Johnson City on Sunset Drive. Janice became comfortable with the Lutheran Church after leaving the Catholic Church. It was a very small church and we got to know everyone quickly as many members of the congregation were about our age. We were very familiar with the liturgy of the Lutheran church and the church activities soon become part of our routine life. We would belong to Our Savior for more than a decade, during which time a brand new Sanctuary was built. (See below.)our-savour

It is very interesting that I did not ask myself why I belonged to this church, or why I belonged to any church at all, until much later. At that time, we were very comfortable belonging to this church and we certainly enjoyed many, many church activities. For example, at the end of1972 I accepted the position of director of the Junior Choir, the first ever junior choir at Our Savior. There were twenty some young children between the ages of eight to ten in the group. I had never worked with young children before. You could say that I did not know what was I thinking or doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment