Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Music in my Life

As you might have noticed, music has certainly been an important part of my life. In both junior and senior high schools, I won the top singing prizes and that had kept me interested. While I did not get the proper education to learn any formal music, I always tried to absorb what I could. I learned something in the church choirs, by being a singer in one choir and directing another one, while I was in Taiwan. In Johnson City, TN, and in Urbana, IL, I still continued my music life, singing in choirs for seven years.  Certainly I learned a great deal when I joined the Oratorical Society in Urbana. Our group sang in the opening concert at the University’s Krannert Art Center. See program below:

         music-1              music-2 

You might not believe that I kept this program booklet. Yes, I even surprised myself when I found it! As you can see, I considered this event important enough not only to file it in my memory but also to keep the program!

When we moved to Tennessee, we joined the Our Savoir Lutheran Church immediately. In 1972, I first started to direct the Junior Choir. Later I took on the responsibility for conducting the Senior Choir and did so for more than a decade. When my birthday landed on a Wednesday, which was the choir practice night, I would get a birthday card from the choir. See below:

           music-3music-4 

I do not need to tell you how important music has been in my life. I could say that music has always occupied a central role, bringing me joy and much happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment