Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dean and Maria

Dean came to the University of Illinois directly from Taiwan within one week of the day I arrived from Tennessee. It was all new for him. We found a rental room to share and cooked together for our meals. After Janice and I established a new place, he and three other chemists rented a house together. Maria came to our attention shortly after Janice and I got married. During the early part of the winter in 1966 , we had the following picture taken together. I believe that the reason we took the picture was because Dean and Maria were quite serious by then about their future together. And I felt we should have a picture to inform our parents in Taiwan.It was  one of these cold winter days in Illinois. Who would be so brave to go out to have a picture taken on such a day?

winter-1966

No comments:

Post a Comment