Monday, September 2, 2013

Directing Choirs

Starting in early 1973, I committed myself to an important part of the church service. First, I started a junior choir with boys and girls of different ages. We sang once in a while at one of the two services on Sundays. During the Christmas season, we did some special programs as well. Later that year I started directing the senior choir, which was quite a bit more of a commitment since we had to do some special music EVERY Sunday. As you can see, I was very interested in church music and I did not feel that this was a big burden. I got my chance to be involved in choosing music and even selected some cantatas for church holiday programs. I spent almost all my personal time in planning music programs. How long did I do this? Believe it or not, I was in that volunteer job for slightly more than the next decade. I will show you some junior choir pictures here today. And I will have more later about the adult choir later at another time.junoir-3junoir-choir-practicejunior-choirjunoirjunoir-2junoir-4junoir-choir-party-2junoir-choir-party     The last two pictures were taken at a party time!

No comments:

Post a Comment