Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The stage was set already!

As I told you in my last blog, the 1972 Xmas break was a very good break for everyone. Father went home before the Chinese New Year in early February. Janice and I talked about that get-together. Both of us believe that this set the stage for Father to make a decision quickly - 12 years later – without hesitation - to come to the USA to live with us after Mother passed away. He was very comfortable with the life in Johnson City during this Holiday break. While this is a story for later, we certainly did not realize at the time that a wonderful holiday break had such important implications. It was only when I reviewed the slides I took during those days that I started to feel emotion about my Father during that period. Some of the pictures below were collected to give you some taste of my feelings: holidaysholidays-2holidays-3holidays-4holidays-5xmas-first

No comments:

Post a Comment