Saturday, December 20, 2014

ACS Student Homecoming Float

1976 was the centenary year for the American Chemical Society (ACS). I have already talked about the ACS meeting in New York, held to celebrate the special occasion. Clearly, at ETSU the Chemistry students wanted to celebrate in their own way by having a float for the Homecoming event. I do not remember if they  won anything for their work, but when I see these two pictures now I am surprised that I let the students do their work on the float while hanging out the window. I was their faculty sponsor! Did I not see what they were doing or how dangerous their actions were? How could I not realize the situation at the time? I took the picture without thinking about their dangerous condition. I scare myself when I look back! 

acs-floatacs-float1

No comments:

Post a Comment