Friday, January 3, 2014

Homecoming Decorations!

Each Fall, most universities in the US have a home- coming week end. It usually includes a football game and a dance party, etc. to welcome back the alums. Chemistry majors often do not participate in those kinds of activities. Professors in the Science Departments seldom see many celebrations of this type in their departments. In my thirty some years of teaching, I can count the number of such activities in my department on a single hand. In 1974, the Chemistry students built a big decoration outside our department. As far as I know, that was the only time we did something for this kind of competition. I tried to take some pictures for the students involved, and they turned out to be the only ones in my experience! Take a look, we did not win much of anything! But we did have a lot of fun! Even Panpan got involved!

acs-floatacs-float-2acs-float-3acs-float-4

No comments:

Post a Comment