Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dr. Edwin Meeks

Let me tell you first that Dr. Meeks is probably the person who has my deepest respect outside of my field of Chemistry. He was our children’s pediatrician from the time they were born until they left home to enter college. There was a shortage of pediatricians in Johnson City in 1971. When we called his office to ask for an appointment for Pan-pan and Steven, we were told that he was not taking any new patients. Later his office called back to tell Janice that Dr. Meeks remembered me from when I was a student at ETSU and would be glad to take our children. So we were with him for the next eighteen years! Not only did we appreciate his expertise is caring for our children, we also admired his personal integrity. He was a typical southern gentleman and a model human being! While we did not agree with his conservative political point of view much of the time, we did respect his sincerity. We do not have a picture of him when he was practicing medicine. The pictures below are from his son’s Facebook page. His son sang in the Civic Choral with me for many years.dr.meeks-2Dr.meeks-3

No comments:

Post a Comment