Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Vacation

The summer of 1970 was the first of many summer vacations we encountered during our academic profession. One reason we decided to take a teaching position, as opposed to working in industry, was the flexibility it provided us in the summers. That summer, Janice decided to take Pan-pan to Cape Cod so that she could experience some of what Janice herself had experienced when she was young. The house on the Cape was built by Janice’s parents themselves, after they bought a piece of land with the help of Janice’s Uncle Fran, I will have more on the house later.

Since I had to finish my work with Professor Yankwich, Janice decided to leave me in Illinois while she and Pan-pan went to join her family on the Cape. Not too long after July 4th, they took a small plane and flew to Boston. That way I could devote all my time to my work while they enjoyed the cape. Please notice that they dressed up to take the plane ride and that there was no security check at all!

fly-boston-1970fly-boston1970-2

No comments:

Post a Comment