Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Visiting the Airport


While I was preparing to go abroad for study, I visited the airport quite a number of times to see other people off. Since girls did not have to stay for reserve officer's service, they could go to abroad one year earlier than their male counterparts in the same class. Whenever we could, we tried to go to the airport to see them off. Certainly some students who had graduated earlier could also go abroad when or if they could manage the trip financially. This time was quite hectic for all of us and we felt the pressure to succeed in our efforts to enroll in an overseas school! The picture below was taken when Chun-Hua Mai went abroad. She was one year ahead of me in school. I worked in her lab to extract some natural flavors during my sophomore year and got to know her lab mates and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment